Have you lost your pet?
1. SEARCH AT THE ANIMAL SHELTER FOR YOUR PET2. REPORT YOUR LOST PET BY REGISTERING3. VISIT LOCAL SHELTERS4. POST FLYERS5. PLACE A YARD SIGN6. PLACE AN AD
Have you lost your pet?
Download our new Pet Search Checklist. And, take the following steps to locate your animal: 1. Search at the Animal Shelter *online and in person and Register Your Lost Pet at PetHarbor.com:
Lost Other Animals
Have You Found My Pet?
a. Note the Animal Shelter Number given to the animal b. Visit the shelter at 3839 Bradshaw Road to look for your pet in person c. Complete Lost Animal Form; Fax: 916-875-5519; or Email: Animal Shelter; or File at: 3839 Bradshaw Road
*Pictures of some animals may not be available at this time due to behavioral or injury issues at the time of intake, or we are experiencing photo equipment difficulties.
2. Report your lost pet by registering at PetHarbor.com: receive emails if an area shelter receives a similar pet.3. Follow SacLostPets Twitter: Strays brought to shelter uploaded to Twitter with location found/picture within 30 minutes of arrival.
Other Tips to Find Your Lost Pet:
4. Visit local shelters and check websites every three days to see if your pet has arrived. 5. Post flyers within a mile radius of where your pet was lost at vets, stores, schools and churches. a. Include date/place where lost, type/breed and your phone number (Don't list name on the flyer). b. Sample Flyer c. Additional Poster Tips using the 5+5+55 rule
6. Place a yard sign in front of your house, with a photo of your missing pet and your phone number. People who find a lost pet often will walk or drive around the area, trying to find the pet’s owner. 7. Place an ad in the lost and found sections of papers and online bulletin boards. a. Sacramento Bee (916-321-1234), Penny Saver, Craigslist. Did you find your lost pet at the shelter?
To Pick Up Your Animal
1. First, look up the pet's Animal Shelter Number by searching the Lost Animals links above.
2. Provide rabies vaccination history from your vet; your pet cannot be released until history is verified. Documents maybe faxed to 916-875-5519.
3. Provide license status. Pets cannot be released unless the licensing information is up-to-date. Find out about licensing.
Have you found someone's pet?
1. Complete the Found Animal Form a. Bring the form into the shelter, along with any flyers; or b. Submit the form to County Animal Care; or c. Fax to 916-875-5519
2. Report a found pet by registering at PetHarbor.com to alert the owner that someone has possibly found the pet.3. Post flyers around your area.4 . Notify shelters that you have the animal. 5. Notify local vets.6. Post an ad in the Sacramento Bee Sacramento Bee's Online Classifieds Placement.
Local Rescue Organizations: List of Organizations
View All Adoptable Animals
Learn more about the importance of pet ID tags, microchips, licensing and collars.
Low cost pet ID microchips.