Licenses are vital in helping us reunite you with your lost pet, and they make it easy to keep track of rabies vaccinations.
Benefits of Licensing
- Animal Control Officers will attempt to return licensed pets to owners before taking them to the shelter, saving impound fees.
- Licensed pets are held at the shelter for a minimum of 10 business days.
- If your pet is found injured, your personal veterinarian will be contacted.
- At the sad time of your pet's death, we can assist with free or low cost services for final arrangements.
- Many dog parks, apartment complexes and boarding facilities require pets to be licensed.
- Licensing fee revenue provides 24/7 services for the animals and people in our communities