Licenses are vital in helping us reunite you with your lost pet, and they make it easy to keep track of rabies vaccinations. Learn more about the importance of pet ID tags, microchips, licensing and collars.
Benefits of Licensing
- Animal Control Officers will attempt to return licensed pets to owners before taking them to the shelter, saving impound fees.
- Licensed pets are held at the shelter for a minimum of 10 business days.
- If your pet is found injured, your personal veterinarian will be contacted.
- At the sad time of your pet's death, we can assist with free or low cost services for final arrangements.
- Many dog parks, apartment complexes and boarding facilities require pets to be licensed.
- Licensing fee revenue provides 24/7 services for the animals and people in our communities